This website offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment of health conditions. Please consult your physician or other healthcare professional before beginning or changing any fitness program to make sure that it is appropriate for your needs; especially if you have a history of any of the following:
■ High blood pressure (you or your family)
■ Heart disease (you or your family)
■ Chest pain when exercising
■ Chest pain in the past month when not engaged in physical activity
■ Have high cholesterol
■ Currently pregnant
■ Bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in physical activity
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. Stop exercising immediately if you experience faintness, dizziness, pain or shortness of breath at any time. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read on this site. Current health and fitness research may exist that could impact the educational information provided on this site, and advice found here may not be based on the most recent findings or developments. Therefore, The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk.
ZUMBA® Fitness Disclaimer
Please read this physical fitness disclaimer which you will be required to sign prior to your first ZUMBA® class with The Pink Mat/Monica Vazquez at any location, public or private (unless the venue has its own disclaimer/agreement between it and the participants).
- Exercise is not without its risks and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. By signing this form, I am declaring that I have no injuries or conditions which prevent me from safely participating in this class. I acknowledge that the instructor is not a medical health professional and advice and activities presented in this class are in no way intended as a substitute for medical consultation. I understand that the instructor disclaims any liability from and in connection with this program.
- As with any exercise program, if at any point during my workout I begin to feel faint, dizzy, or have physical discomfort, I will stop immediately and rest and/or state or signal my need for assistance.
- I understand and agree that The Pink Mat/Monica Vazquez is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss, or damage directly or indirectly resulting from my participation in the fitness classes, exercises, or the information or the resources made available through this fitness program. I undertake these exercises at my own risk.
- The Pink Mat/Monica Vazquez urges participants to exercise and train safely within the boundaries of their own capabilities.
- I hereby grant The Pink Mat/Monica Vazquez permission to use my likeness in a photograph in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I understand and agree that these materials become the property of The Pink Mat/Monica Vazquez and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize The Pink Mat/Monica Vazquez to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute these photos or videos for the purpose of publicizing The Pink Mat/Monica Vazquez’s programs or for any other lawful purpose.